Oct 14, 2018
This week we talked about Google's Hardware event in which
they unveiled the Pixel: Phone and slate and also the Google Home
We went diving into Google's strategy with the Pixel phones,
how come they are not given for free, the move from a commodity
Nexus device into a Pixel premium device, why the Pixel devices
don't matter, and why giving users the option to hide the
(HUGE) notch is a non-design choice.
Also, we discussed about Android's failure outside of the
smartphone market which brings Google to push Chrome OS on PC's and
tablets, why there is no cellular option for the Pixel Slate, the
baffling configuration options, the camera-less Google Home Hub,
and will Apple also showcase a home device with a screen.
- Pixel 3
- This is also a ridiculous price
- One main two different devices although the similar spec
- Better screens
- Lots fo software improvements not rolled out to other
too easily! #scratchgate
- Pixel Slate
- Runs Chrome OS not Android
- This is ridiculously priced!
- A desktop browser on a tablet is a positive
- Uses Android Apps - a small number of tablet apps