May 13, 2018
Matt Birchler joins us to talk about "Micro Podcasts", and dive
into Google I/O talking about: How good has Google Assistant
became, what are the social implications? surprisingly Assistant
still takes some cues from Siri, can we trust Google News, Nati's
favorite: Android P, and more.
Special Guest: Matt Birchler
- Nati’s upload speed is sooooo fast!
- Micro Podcasts
- Google I/O
- Google Assistant gets improved voices - Just like Siri…
- Assistant just gets better (continuous conversation and
multiple actions) - Not like Siri…
- Pretty Please… WDYT Dad?
- Assistant in Google Maps - Just like Siri?
- What’s with the sudden interest with text content by Apple and
- Why should we trust them to serve us the news?
- Adaptive battery - Project Volta V2
- Adaptive brightness
- App actions - deep linking + Slices
- ML Kit - CoreML copycat
- Swipe up for the multitasking - iPhone X UI clone
- Scrub through apps - Clone #2
- On-demand rotation button
- Digital wellbeing
- Device dashboard
- Auto DND
- Wind down mode - greyscale + DND on a specific time?
- Kind of a public beta
- Yawn 😴
- Google Lens is mighty impressive